Senior 3D Animator
Greensky Games build the kind of VR games we believe will define the platform: intense, physical, flow-state inducing.
We're working on our next game and looking for great developers and artists that share our passion for building original and outstanding VR gameplay experiences.
Are you a trailblazer in the gaming industry, eager to take on a new challenge? Greensky Games is seeking a driven individual to join our team and help push the boundaries of virtual reality gaming. Come be a part of an exciting journey as we lead the charge in making VR a mainstream experience for players.
We are seeking a highly creative and experienced 3D Animator to join our team and help us create immersive and engaging VR game experiences. As a 3D Animator you will be responsible for creating real-time animation for enhancing the in-game experience. Your exceptional understanding of traditional and 3D animation techniques, problem-solving abilities, and gamer sensibilities are essential as you work with our team creating animations that provide players with an exciting and immersive gameplay experience.
- Greensky Games is a work-from-home studio and will always support that option
- Annual team offsite, somewhere warm
- Competitive salaries
- 5 weeks paid vacation, and we observe all major holidays
- Extensive healthcare benefits package covering dental care, prescriptions, and more for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and children
- The annual base pay range for this role is between $80,000.00 and $120,000.00 CAD + benefits, + profit-sharing.
Call of Duties:
- Design 3D animations using specialized computer animation programs
- Establish character behaviors and design animations that bring the characters and enemies of the game to life, collaborating with the entire art team to build a cohesive experience.
- Develop, maintain, and improve the quality of animations for real time game assets.
- Work with the game team to ensure all technical, design, and production requirements are met.
- Revise animations based on feedback
- Work directly with the Production, Game Design, Engineering, and Art Directors to ensure all aspects of required animations are delivered to the expectations of the Game Director(s)
- Work with Art Director to help establish the animation style(s) for our products and ensure consistency throughout the game experience
- Stay abreast of current technology trends or tools that could be used in the development of a stronger creative technical environment
- Gain a solid understanding of Unity workflows, rigging, blends, and use of general animation tools.
- Drive process and execution refinement as you visualize and develop animation features with the Tech Art team.
If you don’t meet all of the qualifications, but you're convinced you can do this job, WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU, PLEASE APPLY. We’ve just written these qualifications as a guideline, we don't require college degrees and welcome people who’ve had non-linear career paths. Just include a few short sentences (less than 5) about why you’d be a good fit, and apply through the button at the bottom of this JD.
- 3+ years professional experience as a 3D Animator in game development or an equivalent field, creating or working from concepts to create the most excellent and amazing animations.
- Proven experience as a 3D Animator in game development or an equivalent field, creating or working from concepts to deliver exciting and evocative animations.
- Experience crafting and implementing animations for game engines, particularly in Unity.
- Expertise in human, animal, and creature anatomy and motion.
- Ability to express and display means of animation through word and physical gestures.
- Solid background in traditional arts, lighting, creature and character design, and animation.
- Solid understanding or background in concepting, modeling, and/or VFX.
- Experience delivering content in games.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with other team members
- Passion for VR and a desire to create innovative and engaging experiences
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills and experience
- Experience with Oculus Quest and other VR headsets
- Experience working at an indie studio
- You are drawn to challenges, willing to climb Mount Everest with our team and wont stop till we all reach the top together (in VR of course)
Greensky Games builds the kind of VR games we believe will define the platform: intense, physical, flow-state inducing