Concept Artist (12 Month FTC)
We are looking for an experienced and versatile Concept Artist to join our rapidly growing creative team to forge exciting and innovative VR worlds. This role is situated in our Shared Services Group (SSG).SSG works across the multiple nDreams studios on a variety of new and innovative projects, giving you the opportunity to showcase a broad range of creativity to develop unique and ground-breaking immersive experiences that support player interactions within all our games.
- Follow and maintain the art vision and style set out by the Art Director.
- Clearly communicate tasks and seek feedback across disciplines, making sure everyone is aligned on the vision.
- Solve visual problems with creative flair whilst remaining considerate of technical and gameplay constraints
- Create designs for creatures, props, and environments to elevate the overall experience, leaning more towards character.
- Use 3D knowledge to help create concepts, with either Maya or Blender
- Performance and accountability – a commitment and focus to producing work of the highest standard to time and budget.
- Communication and relationships – the ability to work collaboratively with the wider team.
- The ability to develop visual ideas and react positively to constructive feedback, and able to critique other people's work constructively.
- A strong set of core skills - including composition, great attention to detail, and the ability to employ a clear creative process from reference, concept, and development to the final style, finishes, and execution.
- Demonstrate versatility, showing an aptitude to tackle a wide range of subject matters from stylized to realistic.
- A Degree or equivalent qualification and /or at least two years of experience in complementary industries.
- An aptitude for new software, tools, and technology, including a good knowledge of Maya/blender, Zbrush, Substance Suit, Photoshop, and Unreal engine.
- Experience working within a team.
Who we are -
We are nDreams, a world-leading game developer and publisher with nearly a decade of VR specialism. Combining a drive to push technological boundaries with proven gaming excellence, we are the team who set the standard for VR action games with Fracked and the award-winning Phantom: Covert Ops.
With our team’s triple-A credentials and sensibilities, alongside bespoke VR technologies, we’ve got the skillset, processes, and creative vision to deliver innovative, high-end games for all VR platforms and genres. If it’s VR gaming, you will find nDreams at the forefront of it.
Our projects continue to advance the present and define the future of VR. Want to be a part of it? Apply today to join a studio with a state-of-the-art collaborative workflow and diverse talents assembled from world-leading game developers and publishers.
Our expanding company shares a passion for innovation, collaboration and leading the future of VR. We encourage an open and diverse culture and empower people to explore ideas and put their own stamp on their work. With humble beginnings as an independent studio, we combine amazing projects and considerable scale with a personal, caring touch.
We offer great perks, including flexible hours, duvets days, your birthday off, dedicated personal development time and support, as well as regular socials and parties. Beyond this, there’s an excellent holiday offering, pension scheme, health insurance, life cover and much more. Our newly refurbished nDreams studio space has some fantastic facilities and is built around collaborative work (and play!).
Innovative and immersive #VR game development and publishing.